One of the things we’ve lamented in our 3 years of operation in downtown Half Moon Bay is that the town just goes “dead” around 5pm. That’s good for neither locals nor visitors. A group of businesses have partnered with the Half Moon Bay Chamber to create a series of opportunities to make that better this summer. The last Friday of each month will now feature an event called Passegiatta (an Italian tradition of the stroll after drinks and dinner.) Along with many other businesses, we’ll be open until 9pm on these Passegiatta nights and we’ll do something fun to celebrate each month. You can get all the details below.
Just the Facts:
EVENT NAME: Passeggiata (pronounced – pÃ¤s-sÄd-ËˆjÃ¤-tÃ¤ )
An Italian term denoting going for a â€œstrollâ€ following a meal to meet up with friends and neighbors.
PURPOSE: To create a fun evening open to locals and visitors alike and highlighting the businesses of the Coast.
WHAT: A restaurant and retail event along the Coast once monthly during the summer that encourages patrons to visit several restaurants and/or shops.
WHEN: Last Friday of the month, May through September from 6-9pm (May 29, June 26, July 31, August 28, September 25)
WHERE: From the Harbor to Cameronâ€™s this year.
HOW: Patrons purchase a Passaporto good at participating restaurants and retail stores.
- A special complimentary farm-to-table Passeggiata appetizer with a purchased beverage (*one appetizer per restaurant per Passaporto). Participating Restaurants: Itâ€™s Italia, Cameronâ€™s, Pasta Moon, San Benito, Flying Fish Grill, Cowboy Fishing Co., Cetrella, Via Uno, Seville Tapas, HMB Brew Co., Samâ€™s Chowder House, and Princeton Seafood.
- Participating retail stores offer a special discount good for each night of the event season, redeemable when the Passaporto is shown.
- Barterra Winery â€“ Tuscan Collection Wine Specials
- Gifts A Go Go â€“ Basket raffles
- HMB Wine & Cheese – 15% discount on all food & beverage at the bar
- Luz Luna Imports â€“ Discounts & Zapotec weaver demos
- Toque Blanche â€“Cooking Demos
- Oddyssea â€“ Outdoor movie and Cannonball Run Debut
- Colors of the Coast Gallery & Gift Shop â€“ 10% discount and raffle of a 8″x10″ print on canvas
- Gourmet Appliance â€“ Cooking Demos & 10% off in store merchandise
- Goldworks â€“ The Tax is on Them!
- Nanoâ€™s Yogurt Shack â€“ Buy one Lavazza Italian Espresso CafÃ© Latte & get 2nd free
- Moonside Bakery â€“ free fruit tart with Latte order
- Crowâ€™s Nest â€“ 10% off entire store and featuring Neighborhood Candles
- Cottage Industries – 10% discount on home accents and gift purchase
- The Passaporto will cost $25 ($300+ value), but no limit to how many a patron could buy during the â€œseasonâ€.
- Calling all musicians to contact us for information on performing for tips.